October 28, 2013: Megan Rindskopf has attained the distinction of being named a NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor. The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors—highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve. NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisors are held to a rigorous education requirement in excess of that required by the CFP® Board, and must meet the following additional requirements to be considered for NAPFA’s highest level of membership:
- Advisor must maintain a CFP® designation
- Offer comprehensive financial planning services and submit a comprehensive financial plan for peer review
- Minimum of 3 years of comprehensive planning experience
- 60 hours of continuing education over the course of 2 years across all core areas of financial planning: Insurance & Risk Management, Investments, Income Tax Planning, Retirement Planning & Employee Benefits, Estate Planning, and Communications; and a minimum of 2 hours in Ethics of Financial Planning (CFP® requirement is 30 hours over 2 years)
- Must maintain NAPFA’s definition of a Fee-Only Financial Planner— NAPFA defines a Fee-Only financial advisor as one who is compensated solely by the client with neither the advisor nor any related party receiving compensation that is contingent on the purchase or sale of a financial product.